Monday, March 30, 2009

Book Review: The Last Waltz by G.G. Vandagriff


This historical fiction book by G.G. Vandagriff is outstandingly written, full of marvelous detail and fascinating characters. I can tell that the author has researched her subject thoroughly and that she loves the characters she writes about. When I wasn't reading the book, I missed being immersed in her fictional world. It is a love story set in Austria/Germany/Poland during the tumultuous World War I and World War II periods where the heroine must make many heartbreaking choices that ultimately test her ability to survive and the moral fabric of her very being. GG does an excellent job of character development, making you care about and love her heroes and heroine. I especially love her heroine who is human, makes mistakes, and yet is someone you can respect and want to be like. Watching the heroine struggle through her enormous trials made me resolve to go through my own trials with similar faith and strength. The suspense is also high. I was sweating bullets for awhile wondering what the heroine would choose, but so proud of the decision she made in the end. I recommend this book for all women who love to be immersed in a love story full of rich detail and exciting drama with a satisfying ending. I am sad that the book ended. G.G., I'm a fan for life!

2 comments:

Jewel's Gems said...

Great review. I'll have to add GG's book to my rapidly growing list of books to get:o)

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

That did sound really good; right up my alley! I'll have to look for it!