1. Secret Santa- We always find a needy family and give them a special gift, left on their doorstep anonymously. The kids LOVE to do this. The gift doesn't have to be expensive, it's the thought that counts. One year the kids each gave up one of their own presents. This was our most special year ever.
2. Nativity Play- We do a nativity play every year. Costumes are just bathrobes and towels. You can read it out of the bible, or if you have a children's book that works just as well.
3. Santa Letters- The kid write Santa letters and put them in their stockings on Christmas Eve. Then that night, Santa writes them a letter back. They love to read what Santa wrote.
4. Extra Present- We give an extra present to the child who has been the most helpful throughout the WHOLE year. They know this and always work for it. It is usually a coupon for a lunch out with mom.
5. Reindeer Food- We mix oats with glitter (if we have it...sometimes we just use oats) and spread it on the lawn for the reindeer before we go to bed.
6. Bethlehem Dinner- On Christmas Eve we eat cheese, crackers, grapes, and olives and things they may have eaten in Bethlehem. We do this by candlelight to make it special.
7. Read "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" by Barbara Robinson. We read this out loud every year for laughs and tears.
What are your Christmas Traditions?