Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cami Checketts: The Sister Pact


I recently met a wonderful author, Cami Checketts. Here is an interview with information on her new book!


Tell us about your current release and where you got the inspiration for it.

The Sister Pact is an inspirational romantic suspense.

Savannah Compton is devastated when her sister and best friend, Allison, falls into a coma after a tragic accident. Or was it an accident? Even with a charming and handsome detective at her side, it seems Savannah may never discover the truth. But if she doesn’t her family could be in even more danger. And Savannah’s past holds its own secrets that could change everything.

Now she must prove her innocence to the one person who is beginning to matter most. Join Savannah as she struggles to summon faith and rely on hope, even in the darkest of circumstances, and learn how the bond between sisters can overcome anything.

The inspiration for The Sister Pact is, of course, my sister. When I had a nightmare about a man pushing my sister down the stairs, I had to write about it. Nightmare therapy.

Is there a particular event that helped you become an author?

I’ve always loved to read and dreamed of writing, but never dared try. After my second son was born, I suffered from post-partum depression. My wise mother declared I needed a hobby and I should write a book. I started writing that day. Now I’m no longer depressed about babies, just the ten pounds I’ve gained sitting in my office chair.

What advice would you give to writers wishing to have their works published?

Just the usual – don’t give up! I also would say, focus on the writing. It’s so easy to get distracted by Facebook, Twitter, blogging, etc. If you don’t have a quality product to sale, all the promotion in the world won’t do much for you.

What is your next project?

A book about a mom who blogs against television and one of the television executives sends a hit man to stop her.

What other work of yours has been published?

The Fourth of July

The Broken Path

Who is your favorite author?

That’s like asking what my favorite kind of chocolate is. I adore them all! Who have I read lately that I’ve enjoyed?

Davis Bunn, Susan May Warren, Dee Henderson, J.K. Rowling, David Baldacci, Michele Ashman Bell, N.C. Allen, Matthew Buckley, Janet Jensen, Kersten Campbell. The list could go on and on.

Do you have a quote that motivates you?

“Decide what you want to be. Pay the price. And then be what you want to be.” John A. Widstoe

Thanks for having me on your blog, Kersten.

Cami Checketts is a wife, mother, exercise scientist, author, and proud supporter of Cold Stone Creameries. For more information about her books please go to her website – www.camichecketts.com

2 comments:

Cami Checketts said...

Thanks, Kersten, for having me on your blog!
You can enter to win a free book at http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6640597-the-sister-pact.

Thanks,
Cami

Rebecca Irvine said...

Hi Kersten, Just hopped over here from the Cedar Fort PR blog. I enjoyed this interview and a few other entries on your blog. Your book sounds like something I definitely need to read!
Rebecca Irvine