Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Suggested Reading: Prince Etcheon and the Secret of the Ancient by Joann Arnold


Joann Arnold's fourth book, a fantasy for young adults, is beautifully imagined and wonderfully written. It is about a young boy who finds out that his life is not what it seems when he is whisked away from his cottage after his grandmother's death by some amazing animal friends, only to find out that he is a prince and the only one who can save his innocent people from total destruction by an evil wizard and king. I enjoyed the richly imagined characters who helped Prince Etcheon on his journey and through his epic battle. I felt like I was there inside the beautiful fairy-like landscape. I loved the purity and nobleness of the hero and his people. I can tell that Joann really loved her characters when she wrote this novel. This book would be a wonderful read for any child or adult who loves to be lost in a beautiful world with fantastic characters and a noble hero who must save the world. Thanks Joann for the beauty of your richly imagined novel. I loved being immersed in your fantasy world and can't wait for your next book to come out!

No comments: