Monday, March 16, 2009

Book Review: The Journey by Jewel Adams



This book transported me because of it's beautiful language. Jewel Adams' writing style is more like poetry than prose. With vivid descriptions written in such gorgeous prose it really makes you feel as if you could reach out and touch the beautiful, yet deadly world of fantasy she has created. It is a YA fantasy about a girl who has to make a journey in order to come of age and is symbolic of the journey we all make to the earth when we leave our Heavenly home. Jewel's writing really made me think about the war between good and evil and how real it is, even though it seems so distant in the day to day business of our lives. It made me recommit to do better, to be better, and to want to remember the beautiful daughter of God that I really am, and who I can become. I definitely want my teenage daughter to read this book. You can find this book and the author's other published works on her website http://www.jadamsnovels.com/.

No comments: